Thursday, December 26, 2013

Honoring Christmas's Past

Christmas is such an emotional time, it can really sneak up on you. Everyone around me had a cold.  I felt a lump in my throat for days and thought I was just fighting it off.

Then today I  started crying- ahh, the feeling in the throat was unexpressed grief.  Friends dying, missing my parents and other family members, regrets for certain life decisions, all came crashing down.

Well, I feel better now having cried.  "All Things Must Pass"- that truth brings grief but also joy that life goes on.  All energy recombining into new beauty with the past worked into it.

You just can't see how everything will turn out, blank spots, blind spots, forks in the road. 

The future radiates out from all moments- as many paths from this moment as rays from a star.

All I can do is ask for guidance and trust, gratefully, in that.

Moments of clarity, of bliss, and moments of despair.  That's life, I guess.  Opening to this moment is all we can do to honor life and all those who helped us on our path.   Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment