Thursday, July 31, 2014

Petlove

Today, I really know what the phrase "suffering the loss of" means.  We had to put our beloved pet down to end his suffering.  Now we are suffering.


We have lost people, but losing a pet is one of the hardest things, somehow.  I see him, or rather don't see him, in every corner of the house and yard.  He's not there to greet us in the morning or when we come home.


I wish I could have a re-do, but I am negotiating with myself to accept he is gone and that we did the right thing.  It is our responsibility as pet owners to help them at the end, I think.  But it is not easy and I don't wish it on anyone.


We were so lucky to experience this love with our pet together as a family for so many years.


Maybe somehow this will make me a better person.


I will try, and I bless him for this chance to turn sorrow into Beauty-


May he be romping with some really fun and  loving Pet Angels-


Blessings to all- Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment